Nine out of every ten people out there have a WhatsApp Account; It is hard to see a small-scale business owner that has not adopted a WhatsApp marketing strategy in today’s world.
According to Statista, As of 2020, WhatsApp has over 2 billion active users. In addition, WhatsApp Messenger, also known as WhatsApp, is one of the most used social media platforms today.
The platform was designed to make online chatting easier and affordable to all. WhatsApp is available as a mobile and desktop application. In addition, due to the wide usage of WhatsApp, another tool named WhatsApp Business was launched in 2018 by WhatsApp Inc.
WhatsApp Business was designed to help small and large-scale business owners get across to customers easily. For instance, a customer these days would prefer to place an order for your product via WhatsApp Business chats than to visit your store. This is one of the numerous benefits of WhatsApp marketing strategy globally.
As an entrepreneur with a small-scale business in Nigeria, you will be required to push out your product/services to your target audience. The easiest and most effective way to do this is through WhatsApp Business.
In this piece, you will be exposed to how you can use WhatsApp marketing strategy in your business.
Amazing Benefits of WhatsApp Marketing
Below are some benefits that make WhatsApp an amazing social media platform
- It’s free to use. The only charges you might get are data roaming charges.
- It is a reliable platform. As long as you’re connected to wi-fi or have mobile data, you can use WhatsApp Business to communicate with users worldwide.
- It’s widely available and acceptable. There are WhatsApp users in 180 different countries.
- WhatsApp Business has several features that help make it easy for your customers/clients to access your services.
- It’s not just about texting. You can use WhatsApp for voice messages, calls, and video calls and share photos, videos, documents, or your location.
- There are many users; over 2 billion people use WhatsApp worldwide.
As previously said, WhatsApp Business was built with the small business owner in mind, which offers specialized solutions that can help you connect with your customers.
To get started using WhatsApp business marketing for your small business, you need a WhatsApp Business account. If you don’t have one yet, follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create a WhatsApp business account.
Would you prefer a detailed course on whatsapp marketing and how to make the best of it? Send a message now to get the course.
Easy Steps to Create a WhatsApp Business Account
- Firstly download WhatsApp business from your google play store or App Store, or download it via WhatsApp’s site.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter your business name and upload your profile details
- Learn more about the WhatsApp business tools: you can learn about setting up a product catalog for your eCommerce or automated messaging. The catalog allows you to upload your product images and price and give a description.
WhatsApp Marketing Strategy; Tools that can be Used
- What sender
- WhatsApp bulk sender
- Viking WhatsApp marketing software
- Rapid planner.
- WAAW-it sender
- PreBuilt Marketing
- PreBuilt marketing.
5 Quick Tips on How to Use WhatsApp Marketing Strategies Effectively as a Business Owner
- As a business owner, you should create an engaging brand persona for your WhatsApp business.
- As a business owner, you should offer great value to build a phone database, for as much as WhatsApp remains free, so to build a base of users, you need to provide them with value such as freebies, free services, or valuable information.
- You could also offer relevant content for free such as relevant topics.
- You should also engage in quick customer service.
- It can also be used extensively to research consumers about their preferences.
6 Reasons You Should use a WhatsApp Marketing Strategy
- Using WhatsApp business helps improve your customer service making it more efficient and personal as it has various tools that can help you. Such tools include; Quick replies, Away messages, Labels catalogs, and so on.
- It is easy and affordable to communicate with international customers.
- It helps you communicate with employees and co-workers effectively.
- It also gives room to Network with other professionals.
- Through WhatsApp, you can send messages to your clients/customers all over the world, you could create a broadcast list to send messages to a group of people all at once, and they did receive them individually.
- WhatsApp creates an avenue for you to showcase your products, giving price and description of your product. WhatsApp can be used as a landing page on your other business platforms, making it a good platform for customer relationship management as it is an easy tool for interaction.
Whatsapp Marketing Strategies You Can Adopt as a Business Owner
As a business owner, a WhatsApp marketing strategy you can adopt is frequently uploading your product on your status. When you upload your product or services to your status, people will view them on your contact. Remember, anyone can be your potential customer.
Creating a broadcast list
The app broadcast list allows you to send a message to several of your contact lists without sending them individually. Instead, the recipient of the message receives them individually.
The WhatsApp business group chat is a place where you can invite both potential clients and existing clients to send bulk messages, and everyone can interact. Although it has a limit as you can only have up to 256 people in a group.
Also, running sales campaigns, such as giving discount sales and running giveaways, are WhatsApp marketing strategies that help small business owners.
Syncing WhatsApp Business
With WhatsApp Business, you can chat with customers from other social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. All you need is to link your WhatsApp number on your Instagram, Facebook, etc., profile.
Online Resources to Learn Effective the Best WhatsApp Marketing Strategy
Below is a list of resources you can access to learn about WhatsApp marketing which helps you leverage WhatsApp as a business marketing tool to promote your business.
- Insight Digital academy
WhatsApp Business is a great platform that can help you as a business owner target more customers online. However, it is good to have in mind that spamming unknown people on WhatsApp is unacceptable, unethical, and however not effective. Therefore, be careful not to bug people when creating a WhatsApp marketing strategy.
More from Insight.ng
- Starting a WhatsApp TV in Nigeria
- How to Start Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria as a Beginner
- Benefits of Email Marketing for Startups
- Ebunoluwa Owoniyi is a student studying microbiology, a prospective graphics and fashion designer, she loves to write to enrich human knowledge.
- Business Insights2022.09.28Effects of Online Food Retailing in Nigeria
- Business Insights2022.05.25New Vs Existing Customers: Easiest Ways to Scale Your Business
- Career2022.05.014 Primary Differences Between a Job and a Career
- Business Insights2022.04.20How to use WhatsApp Marketing for Your Small Business