In a previous article on this platform, we shared with you the Nigerian guide to becoming a self-publisher on Amazon KDP, which is well detailed. We are back again to give answers to your questions. Can you be a Self-publisher on Amazon without having to publish books? I mean, is it possible to publish on Amazon kdp without writing? We should have an answer at the end of this article.
According to research, it takes 4 to 8 months for an average Author to write a complete book; it takes months before publishing on Amazon KDP? So why not save yourself this stress by learning how to publish on Amazon kdp without writing.
So this article will reveal how to self-publish on kdp without writing.
Table of Contents
The 2 Ways to Publish on Amazon Without Writing a Single Word
Now down to business, there are majorly two ways you can publish on Amazon kdp without writing a single word;
Creating notebooks, journals, logbooks, and workbooks publishing
One of the significant ways to publish on Amazon KDP without writing is creating Notebooks, Journals, Logbooks, and Workbooks for printing out, which means this will always be a paperback publishing.
Now how do we go about it? It’s pretty simple; all you have to do is create them using tools we will discuss later.
Make sure that they are of Good quality. I mean, you also do not want to buy bad notebooks, both Interior and exterior, so whatever book you are creating should be one that will be of the required standard.
Talking of Standard, let us talk about the significant Amazon Notebook standards you will need to keep to publish on Amazon kdp without writing.
The Major Amazon Notebook Standards You Should Know
This is split into Interior and Exterior Parts of the book;
Interior part standard
- 8.5 *11 inches
- Interior must be color white for notebooks.
- Interior line must be within the margin for [notebooks without bleed].
- Interior Lines should be evenly distributed.
- If you are adding an object or image, it should not be watermarked.
Exterior part standard
- The Book Cover size should be calculated with the standard Amazon kdp book cover size calculator.
The following are the guidelines for using the Amazon kdp book cover size calculator ;
- The binding type should be Paperback.
- The Interior type should be Black and white paper.
- The paper type should be white paper.
- Page turn direction should be left to right, which is the normal reading movement, apart from some exclusion like Arabic, which is right to left.
- Measurement units should be in inches.
- Interior trim size should be the Notebook size, i.e., 8.5” by 11”.
- Finally, the page count should be the number of pages your notebook has.
- All the front-page writings should be within the margin of the front page.
- If you are adding an object or image, it should not be watermarked.
How to Self-Publish on Amazon KDP Without Writing using Canva to Create Notebooks
Canva is a graphics designing tool that can be used to create all sorts of graphics on mobile phones and Desktops; this app is one of the most accessible apps you can use to create your notebooks. The guidelines below can be used on both the desktop and the mobile phones to publish on Amazon kdp without writing;
The Guidlines to Kindle Direct Publishing for the Interior Part of the Notebook
After opening the app, click on the “+” icon on the bottom right corner of the page.
- Create a custom size with the “+ custom size, “then input the size of the notebook you want to create and click “OK.” The custom size page will be displayed with a margin on the page,
- Click on the “+” at the bottom left corner of the page, go to the “element,” search for lines, then click on the regular straight line.
- Put the line to fill in between the margins and duplicate the line by clicking on the “duplicate” option at the bottom panel when the line is being selected.
- Duplicate the lines to fill the page space within the margin. It should look like a lined notebook page after you finish this part.
- Then you can start to add the thing you will see on a regular notebook page like date space etc. but note all must be within the margin and should not overcrowd the main space too.
- We are done with how a notebook page will look; now we are duplicating that page to as many pages we will want how notebook to be, advisably 70 and above pages.
- This can be done by clicking on the icon at the bottom left corner when any object is selected.
- Then it will bring the page in the form of arranged blocks, select the duplicate option in the provided menu bar at the bottom, then duplicate each or more pages until you reach the number of pages you want the notebook to be.
- Although Canva only allows about 100 pages at once, you always merge to result together to get your desired number of pages above 100 pages.
- Now, we to create an ownership page or a title page at the top of the first notebook page; create a blank page.
- At the front, you will create a title menu or naming section for the Notebook, E.G., “This notebook is owned by…………..” and any other form of naming format.
- Then, you will go back to a single page and press the last icon to your right at the top menu to export as PDF print since it’s a paperback format.
- Congrats! We are done with the Interior, which is about 95% of creating your notebooks.
Join our Community to get access to resourceful courses on digital skills.
The Guidelines to Kindle Direct Publishing for the Exterior Part of the Notebook
You will calculate your notebook cover size with the Amazon KDP cover size calculator.
- After getting them, you will have to create another page using Canva as we did for the Interior, but this time we will use the calculated length and breadth of the notebook figures.
- This is the part where you give the design and name of your notebook due to your research on Amazon or based on what you created the Notebook for, e.g., Notebooks for children, Notebooks for Men, etc.
- For inspiration, you can search for notebooks on the Amazon Kindle store,
P.S.: This does not mean you should copy what others have invested time to create; you can be sanctioned for that; studying them is to give you the idea of the trend your notebook should follow. Avoid Plagiarism and infringement of intellectual property.
- Export as PDF print. Voila, you are done.
- You can now go and publish your notebooks.
This also applies to the creation of journals, Logbooks, and Workbooks. Same procedures, but each notebook will serve a different purpose. Again, it would be best if you researched how they look in the country audience you are targeting. For example, you do not want to be creating a U.K. journal for a Russian audience and avoid Plagiarism throughout.
Creating Color book and sketchbook publishing
Another way to self-publish on kdp without writing is by creating color books and sketchbooks.
When we are talking about color books, we are talking about books that were created for the children to color things or objects in the book. Therefore, creating a color book and sketchbook involves some artistic designs that will be printed with such color books to make the children want to color designs.
How to Self-Publish on Amazon kdp Without Writing using Canva to Create Color Books
Now here comes another hurdle, how do we get all designs we need to publish on Amazon kdp without writing?
We can get some online copyright-free templates that you can use in your color book and sketchbook. Websites like Crayola.com, justcolor.net/kids e.t.c.
So just like notebooks, color books also have interior and exterior guidelines to meet up with Amazon standard book publishing.
The Guidelines to Kindle Direct Publishing for the Interior Part of the Color Book
- Like in The Notebook, you will have to pick the size of your book, which is usually 8.5 by 11 inches.
- We have to import the downloaded template. There are two ways to go about this; either you import each template using the gallery import function or add the whole template to your upload section to import directly from your upload. However, the latter seems very fast and more accessible.
- It should be noted that when importing the templates, they had to be in the margin and avoid any form of watermark on the template to prevent future copyright infringement.
- There’s a rule in color book and sketchbook publishing: you have to leave a blank space before the next template to meet Amazon book publishing standards.
- So after importing each template and leaving a blank space after each template, as we did for the notebook, you have to create a title page or ownership page at the very front of the whole color book, having the same idea as The Notebook, E.g., “This book belongs to…….”
- After the color book has been created successfully, you can now export it as we did for the notebook.
N.B. Before exporting the color book, you are advised to research samples of color books on Amazon to get an idea of what it should look like since it’s your first time doing them.
Also, ensure to export in pdf print format on canvas. Congratulations, you’re done with the color book template
The Guidelines to Kindle Direct Publishing for Exterior Parts of the Color Book
- Like we did for The Notebook, you will calculate the book size of your color book using the Amazon kdp book cover size calculator,
- Then, you will create a custom page with the book size, that is, the length and height of the book cover.
- Designing our color book cover is quite different from the notebook book cover because they are used for different purposes. You can always check published color books but do not copy their book covers due to copyright and intellectual property infringement. Instead, they should serve as a source of inspiration for you.
- After designing your color book cover, you will now export it in pdf format since we will publish it in paperback format on amazon kdp.
- Congratulations again, you are done! You can publish them now as Paperback.
It should be noted that the same principles apply to the sketchbook. The creation of text color books falls under this as well, the same steps, but the book will undoubtedly serve various purposes. It would help if you also studied the color books in the nation you are targeting, so you have to add the details that inspire buyers to buy.
In Conclusion, this article has been able to enlighten and show us how we can publish on amazon kdp without writing a single word rather than creating them in the form of notebooks, color books, journals, workbooks, sketchbooks, and logbooks. So to answer the question we asked earlier, it is possible to publish on Amazon kdp without writing.
Let us bring more informative articles to you. Subscribe to our Newsletter today.
You might also like:
- Emmanuel Odebiyi is a seasoned content writer who specializes in writing valuable and engaging content in the technology, career, freelancing, finance, and lifestyle niches. He also writes sales copies that turn visitors into returning customers.
- EntrepreneurJune 5, 2023How to Edit a Video with video editing software in 2023
- SpiceMay 26, 2023Nigeria Soul Food and their Importance to the society (with examples)
- Business InsightsMarch 28, 2023An Introduction to The World of Small And Medium Enterprises in Nigeria
- TechnologyFebruary 4, 2023How to Track a Stolen Phone in Nigeria (For Android Users)