Being innovative in Nigeria or as a Nigerian is no ABC task. It cuts farther than developing business ideas and implementing them. The Nigerian society is a very rigid and biased one, which makes innovation a very difficult task; challenging the norms people are profoundly attached to.
Innovation in Nigeria goes as far as identifying the socio-economic problems of the society, challenging them, drafting strategic solutions, implementing these solutions, and making these solutions sustainable sources livelihood for yourself and people.
To innovate is to stimulate an economy growth. To innovate is to make basic needs affordable. To innovate is to inspire people to live a better live. To innovate is to challenge dreadful norms and prove them wrong. To innovate is to make people happy.
Millions of Nigerian youths have been doing exponentially well for themselves, the nation, and the global community. These Nigerian youths have been exceptional in their ability to identify some fundamental social, economic, and environmental problems both in the country and the international community… And also have put in some efforts, focus, commitment to render significant solutions to eliminate the problems or abate them.
Who are the 50 most Innovative Nigerian Youths in 2021?
We at insight.ng love to call them innovative Nigerian Youths. Or insightful Youths in Nigeria… and in our culture of celebrating great Individuals who have been contributing to the progress and development of humanity, both in Nigeria and abroad, we have collected a list of 50 young Nigerians between the age bracket of [16 and 35 years old] who have been innovative in their respective industries and have been able to create some grand successes we can all recon with.
The Nigerian youths on the list did not only beat so many odds, their success has earned them recognition on the international stage.
We cover industries like Business, Science and Technology, Politics and leadership, Civil service and law, Entertainment and Sports, and several others.
50 Most Innovative Nigerian Youth
S/N Name Industry / Sector Firme Age
1. Abubakar Falalu Farming Founder, Falgates 31
2. Richard Akuson Lawyer/Writer Founder, A Nasty Boy 27
3. Adegoke Olubusi Health Cofounder, Helium Health 29
4. Akin Jones FinTech Founder, Aella Credit 5. Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun Entertainment Musician 30
6. Ayodeji Osowobi Activist Executive Director, STER 29
7. Bankole Cardoso Transportation CEO, EasyTaxi Nigeria 32
8. Bella Disu Telecommunications Executive Vice Chairman, Globacom 35
9. Ben Eluan FinTech Co-founder, Flux 23
10. Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu (Burnaboy) Entertainment Musician 29
11. David Adedeji Adeleke (Davido) Entertainment Musician 28
12. Dimeji Sofowora Health care Cofounder, Helium Health 13. Dr. Olamide Orekunrin Healthcare and Venture Capitalist Founder, Founder Flying Doctors Nigeria 35
14. Edirin Edewor Writer Founder, online publisher 30
15. Edmund Olotu FinTech CEO, G-Pay 33
16. Eyitayo Ogunmola Social media Founder, Utiva 32
17. Ezra Olubi FinTech Cofounder, Paystack 34
18. Fidelis Ozuawala Blogger founder/CEO of Waploaded 28
19. Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola (Dj. Cuppy) Entertainment DJ 29
20. Folarin Falana (Falz) Entertainment Musician 31
21. Fred Oyetayo Internet Technology CEO, Fresible 27
22. George Omoraro Media CEO, The Rage Group 31
23. Hamzat Lawal Legal PR actioner/activist Founder, Follow The Money 34
24. Ire Aderinokun FinTech Co-Founder, Buycoins 31
25. Iyinoluwa Samuel Aboyeji FinTech Cofounder, Andela, and Flutterwave 30
26. Blessing Okagbare-Otegheri Athlete Long Jumping and Short Sprints 33
27. Jessica Anuna E-commerce Founder and CEO, Klasha 29
28. Jessica O. Matthews Venture Capitalist co-founder, Uncharted Power 33
29. John Obidi Internet Marketing Founder, HeadStart Africa 35
30. Juliet Ehimuan Internet technology Google's Country Manager in Nigeria 28
31. Kelechi Iheanacho Footballer Forward, Leicester City 25
32. Maya Horgan Famodu Venture Capitalist Founder, Ingressive Capital 30
33. Nick Ionita FinTech Co-founder and CEO, Flux 34. Odunayo Eweniyi FinTech Co-founder PiggyVest 28
35. Ola Brown Health Founder, Flying Doctors Healthcare Investment Group 36. Olugbenga Agboola FinTech Co-founder, Flutterwave 35
37. Oluseun Onigbinde FinTech co-founder and CEO of budgIT 35
38. OLuwastobiloba Oyinlola Venture Capitalist IoT Evangelist, Itel 29
39. Oluwatobi Ajayi Transportation Chairman/CEO, Nord Automobiles Limited 32
40. Oluwatomi Solanke Social media Founder, iCreate Africa 31
41. Oluwatosin Olaseinde EdTech Founder, The Money Africa 42. Onyeka Akumah Farming CEO, Farmcrowdy 35
43. Romeo Oriogun Author Author, 26
44. Shola Akinlade FinTech Cofounder, Paystack 34
45. Stephanie Coker Television Presenter Presenter, MTV Base Africa 32
46. Temie Giwa-Tubosu Banking CEO, LifeBank 34
47. Tito Ovia Health care Cofounder, Helium Health 28
48. Tomi Adeyemi Novelist & Writing Coach Author, Children of Blood and Bones 28
49. Toyin Omotoso Internet Marketing Founder, Expertnaire 50. Yele Bademosi Cryptocurrency Founder, Microtraction and Bundle Africa 30
Insight.ng updates the list of the 5o most innovative Nigerian Youths every 6 months. I.e Januarys and Junes.
However, in special cases where a young Nigerian steals the limelight beyond expectation, we feel compelled to update the list as soon as we can. And this also applies to innovators on the list whose line of business confirmed illegal by the appropriate authority.
Also, there may be a few mistakes in the data entered above (particularly the ages). If you see any, kindly help to correct it by sending a mail to [email protected].
Also, you can still nominate towards the next update by sending Name, Company Section, Name of company and position, and the person’s age to [email protected] or fill the form below.
For special inquiry, suggestion, or partnership:
You can help us build more accurate data by partnering with us either with your money or by joining the Insight List and Ranking Team.
We are also in need of media personnel and news bloggers who can partner with us to publicize this list.