Technology has made many things very easy, and it has positively affected the business sphere in Nigeria. Nigeria is currently evolving with the trend, and several business platforms have begun to judiciously utilize the global online market for what it is.
It is now super easy to order anything online. You can order home appliances, phones and gadgets, clothes, shoes and even food without moving an inch! Food delivery apps are like home services where the restaurant or food store delivers food to customers whenever they order it, to their various locations.
As a food lover, I think food delivery apps in Nigeria are a blessing. It gives me so much joy to know that I can easily order food and deliver it to my location without the hassles of getting it myself. All it takes is to make an order, especially if you are busy or held up somewhere, through their mobile apps or website, and await delivery. It is that simple!
So if you ever need food and can’t cook or step outside to get it, this article is for you. I have compiled a list of the top 10 food delivery apps in Nigeria to help you easily get food from the comfort of your couch.
Table of Contents
Top 10 Food Delivery Apps in Nigeria
This food service was formerly known as “Hello Foods” and is owned by Jumia Nigeria. Jumia foods is one of the most popular food delivery apps in Nigeria. It started operations in 2012, and since then, it has gained momentum in the food industry.
Jumia foods have made food ordering and delivery very easy. You only have to download their mobile app or use their website, pick the restaurant you want to order from, place the order and get your delivery at your doorstep. The best part about Jumia foods’ delivery service is that you get an option for payment on delivery! The process is really simple, and they have varieties of restaurants you can choose from.
Recently, Jumia signed a partnership with Errand 360, a delivery company in Nigeria, to make food delivery easier. It is applaudable to see Jumia foods relentlessly trying to make food delivery seamless and improve customer service.
Chowdeck is a food delivery service in Nigeria that started operations in 2021. They are currently based in Lagos. They offer local and international dishes to their customers. You can order from your favourite restaurants on Chowdeck through their mobile app or website. This food delivery app makes it easy to order food in very simple steps and deliver it to your location. If you reside in Lagos, you should try them out.
Kilimanjaro restaurants also offer food delivery services via their Kilimeals app. They offer varieties of dishes, snacks and drinks from a wide range of restaurants. They have branches in each state and are available to cater for your needs. All you need to do is to place your order via the app and select the location to which you want it delivered. They also have the option of pick up in-store.
Glovo operates a food delivery service that delivers Nigerian food to different areas in Nigeria. Ordering from Glovo is simple and quick. Then, all you have to do is go to the website or download the app and check for your location, place an order and receive it in no time. Glovo allows you to pick the best and affordable restaurant by sorting them by best rated, delivery fee, and the restaurant near you.
Areachops is an online takeaway and food delivery service in Nigeria. They operate in Lagos and have several restaurants you can order your favourite dishes from. They are available for delivery, pick up and dine-in. You can do this by just placing your orders online quickly. You must enter your location, select your preferred restaurant, choose your meal and payment option, and the food is delivered.
This food delivery service offers customers fresh and affordable meals via their food delivery app. They primarily serve local dishes from different restaurants. They have great services and food, and their delivery service is top-notch. If you’re looking for good and tasty local dishes and you are in Lagos, you can try Chopnownow.
Domino’s Pizza offers online takeaway and food delivery services. They serve different varieties of pizza, BBQ chicken, beef, bread, pepperoni and drinks. It has become a household name in Nigeria due to its amazing pizzas and side dishes.
You can order online through their mobile app or website, select your location, choose your meal and have it delivered to you anywhere you are.
Read Also: 9 Nigerian Foods to Avoid Eating at Night
Eden life offers online takeaway and food delivery services via its website and food delivery app. They serve chef-cooked meals and have delivery and pick-up options. With Eden life, what you have to do is choose a plan, when you want it, and how you want it. Then, they cook and deliver in 5 minutes. They also provide home services like laundry and home cleaning services.
GoFood is a reliable online food delivery service that serves amazing dishes. You can order food from them with just a snap of your finger. All you have to do is download the app, select the food you want, the restaurant and your address for delivery. If you have special requirements for your food, you can include them in the note icon when ordering.
Subscribe to our newsletter so you won’t miss out on our latest and informative posts.
Bolt food is a good food delivery service that helps you order your favourite dishes from local restaurants online. This food delivery platform offers the best services, allowing customers to order their favourite foods and deliver them to their door super fast!
Bolt food has different payment options, which include online payment and cash on delivery. You can place your order easily on the Bolt food app, select the restaurant and the dish, choose your preferred payment option and have it delivered to your location. You can also track your order on the app to know where it has gotten to.
Pros and Cons of Food Delivery Apps in Nigeria
- It helps you to discover new restaurants and food service providers. Many Nigerian restaurants are joining the food delivery community daily. As a customer, you’re open to more options and different dishes.
- Food delivery apps are convenient. You can be in the comfort of your home and order a meal from your favourite restaurant with your phone.
- You can get meals at discounted prices when you order online.
- Food delivery apps are also very helpful for persons living with disabilities. It saves the stress of having to move around.
Read Also: Effects of Online Food Retailing in Nigeria
- Delivery fees are very expensive. You’d wonder why you’re paying almost half the price of your meal as a delivery fee.
- Sometimes, the quality of the food delivered might not meet your standard. Food ordered online cannot be as healthy as home-cooked meals, but they can do better!
- Have you ever wished you had gone to buy the food yourself? Yes, that’s what happens when traffic comes into play. Your food and delivery man is stuck in traffic while you pace around in hunger. I’m very sure my comrades in Lagos can relate. When you finally get your food, hunger go don wound you!
- Although food delivery apps are nice, we know that it fuels laziness because suddenly you don’t remember how to cook again. Sometimes food delivery apps can be addictive for the wrong reasons.
- Don’t get me started about how the delivery men tamper with the order. It’s either the chicken isn’t complete or 50% of the food has been eaten.
Food delivery apps have come to stay in Nigeria as we have more restaurants, food service providers and even companies venturing into this business sphere. It has become an integral part of the food industry and will soon become a sector on it’s own.
The convenience and ease of ordering food online cannot be overemphasized. Initially, we could only order ice-creams, snacks, drinks online. Now it’s totally normal and super easy to order a plate of Amala and Ewedu online and have it delivered to your doorstep without a hassle. However, online food ordering shouldn’t replace you making meals as it has proven to be healthier and safe.
You’ve definitely ordered food from food vendors or food delivery apps. Share your good and bad experience on food delivery with our Whatsapp Community. We are eager to hear from you.
- Chovwe is content writer and a Fashion Designer. She's also a Chartered Mediator and Conciliator. She's an advocate for peace and loves art. She owns a fashion brand and is very passionate about what she does.
- WomenSeptember 17, 2023Nigerian Women in Tech: Breaking Barriers and Making Strides
- Insight AfricaSeptember 1, 2023African Literature: Outstanding Examples and How They Differ From Western Stories
- LifestyleAugust 16, 202310 Amazing Health Benefits of Mustard Seeds
- LifestyleMarch 28, 2023Top 10 Best Food Delivery Apps in Nigeria