With the rise of the pandemic and various technological advancements, remote hiring is no longer uncommon for employers. The World Economic Forum regarded remote work as “one of the biggest drivers of transformation of business models”.
7 Benefits of Remote Hiring Today
Productivity Increases with Remote Hiring
Remote work has become quite popular these days especially with the outbreak of COVID -19. With remote hiring, workers are likely to achieve more without the distractions of office activities. They are also less likely to call in sick. It allows them time to fully concentrate on work in an environment where they are most comfortable.
Here are some other ways that remote hiring helps with productivity.
- It eliminates the need to dress up and spend an inordinate amount of time in traffic. This way, workers can dedicate all of that time to their tasks.
- Remote hiring cuts down extra spending on lunches at work and other unnecessary expenses
- Workers with children or other dependents can cater to their needs effectively. They can dedicate enough time to their work and help those around them.
- Employees are also able to set up times to work where they are most productive as opposed to working strict office hours with countless distractions.
- More opportunities to take a break at home can also boost productivity instead of slugging to get through a 9-5-day.
- Remote work reduces absences and so much more gets done on any given day. The office environment often creates a false perception about work. In many cases, not a whole lot is being achieved – coming in early and leaving late doesn’t always indicate high performance.
- Remote hiring help employees to eliminate higher rent costs for those that choose to be closer to work to cut travelling expenses.
- Workers save hours in a day because they don’t have to commute to work or attend weekly onsite meetings.
Read also: How to avoid distractions at work
Hire workers from anywhere
Another benefit of remote hiring is the freedom to hire from anywhere in the world. It eliminates the cost of paying relocation fees. It also allows companies to improve on their diversity when it comes to hiring staff. Companies that are not situated in ideal locations can hire top talent as location becomes a non-issue.
A company can locate a potential employee that will go above and beyond and meet more than the job requirements. Hiring staff from wherever in the world means fewer issues with tardiness as companies work with staff in different time zones. Hiring remotely also means that a company has employees with varying ideas and greater talent.
Reduction in Overheads
Remote hiring goes a long way in saving your company a tons of money. The cost of renting office space, internet and other amenities can drastically decrease with remote hiring. Also, considering shared office space for non-remote staff could be another way to reduce costs. Companies are leveraging remote hiring to save tons of cost by allowing employees to work remotely in cost of continuity of operations, procuring office equipment and other expenses.
Better environmental impact
Fewer vehicles on roads mean a better environment for us all. Remote work means fewer offices using air conditioning and lighting that influence the environment.
Remote work supports a variety of sustainability initiatives. Examples are fostering sustainable cities, creating economic growth, reducing inequalities, and responsible consumption.
One of the fastest, cheapest ways for employers and employees to reduce their carbon footprint is by reducing commuter travel. The world has seen markedly reduced pollution, congestion, and traffic during the pandemic response. Being able to experience the results first-hand may be a driver of remote work for everyone involved.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more insightful content created for entrepreneurs and business owners like you.
Workers are more likely to remain on the job
Avoiding unnecessary commutes is a huge plus for many employees and greatly increases employee retention. Employers can cut travelling costs and spend the time focusing on work. It’s a big benefit to employees and the employer.
Imagine being able to go anywhere in the world and still have a job waiting for you wherever you are. Some companies even go the length of paying employees to relocate to where they are most productive.
Working remotely also means more time spent with family and those that need care and attention. Working remotely gives the worker the freedom to live wherever without the pressure of living close to work. Also, workers won’t spend time needlessly on the road so all their effort is geared towards work.
Read also: How to design the perfect remote workspace
Health and safety
The cost of health and safety for employees drastically reduces. This is because most employees are safe within their own spaces and are better able to handle issues at home.
With the pandemic, there is a much greater risk of interactions between employees. Touching surfaces, handshakes and all can greatly increase the risk of the virus. Remote work drastically curbs any spread and employees can communicate effectively online without risking their health and wellness.
Employees can work round the clock in various time zones. Remote work eliminates the need to request an employee work overtime to fulfil the client’s needs. Transitioning to a remote work environment is becoming increasingly easier than it once was. Embrace flexibility and let technology work for you.
Read also: How AI can make or break your business
Helpful Tips To Remote Hiring and Successful Team Management
- Making sure everyone stays connected is by far the biggest challenge. Platforms like Slack and Zoom can help bring workers together for effective communication within any organization.
- Google Docs makes work easy to share and ensure that the team executes projects seamlessly.
- Consider payroll taxes and health insurance when hiring remotely, especially from different countries.
- Schedule weekly or monthly meetings to ensure employees aren’t out of the loop where organisational happenings are concerned.
- Consider time zones when building a team and hire from similar time zones to avoid conflict.
Remote hiring is well on its way to being the new normal in any progressive working environment. As exciting as it may be to incorporate this new culture into your workplace, do your due diligence. The transition will work in your favour with decent preparation.
Did you enjoy reading this? Join us instagram to see summarized and catchy versions of posts like this. Also, join us on whatsapp to get updates on similar content and amazing offers that benefit you as a entrepreneur.
- Op-Ed are articles published by guest authors. We no longer accept guest posts. However, we are still open to adding long-term content contributors to our team of insightful writers. To write for us, please check out inisght.ng/guest-post.
- Opinion2023.02.10Best night Browsing data plans popular Networks for Freelancer and entrepreneurs in Nigeria
- Lifestyle2023.01.3110 Amazing Photo Editing Apps in 2023
- Freelancing2023.01.23How to Share Data on MTN for Freelancers in Nigeria
- Technology2023.01.16How to Download Facebook video on your Mobile Phone